Tod durch überdrehen (2gen RX-7)

• hab's im internationalen Forum gefunden ...
    ... mir ist das Herz stehengeblieben ;(

Check out this late November 2003 video clip if you haven't seen it already. These guys are trying to kill a 2nd Gen Rx-7 engine by twisting it up to 9000 RPM and holding it there till the engine blows. They think it will crap out after about 30 seconds like most piston engines would....Proof of how awesome the rotary engine truly is...

http://home.comcast.net/~ijcobra/index.html
    der Link funzt bei mir net -> immer Page not found! sorry leute, aber ich hab das video von Kazaa gesaugt

Hir noch ein reply:
    "I think what they did is fantastic.

First of all, they obviously intend to pull that motor.
    I doubt they intend to rebuild that one - they probably have a built motor they are going to swap. That was only one of three RX-7s on that driveway.

Second - THEY RAN IT AT NINE GRAND FOR 7 MINUTES WITHOUT COOLANT PRESURE ON A BLOWN SEAL !!!!

Can you even fathom how tough that little 13B was?
    They just demonstrated for all to see just how durable the rotary is. There is no better test than the extremes. How many of you are willing to test your motor like that for the good of all?

More importantly, how good do you feel about your 13B-MSP now?

There are so many posts on this board about "oh, I'm scared of keeping it at the red line for too long" or, whatever.

Mazda built in a rev limiter at 9.5k or so on the RX-8 because THEY KNEW THE MOTOR COULD TAKE 9.5k FOR A REAL LONG TIME!

I think we all should go outside and caress our RX-8s and tell them that we love them. Then bang the crap out of the rev limiter.

When I lost a connecting rod on my KL-DE, the motor still ran, but not like that!

Mazda builds some tough sh*t!"

Was sagt ihr dazu?!?

lg
    NiceGuy

• Erstens gab es das Thema schonmal ;)

Zweitens sehe ich es ähnlich...ein Schüttelhuber hätte da nicht soviel Videoband verbraucht bis zum Gang über den Jordan (zumal der Wankel selbst nach dem Tode noch frei gedreht hat beim Anlassversuch).

Drittens sind die Jungs bissel arg Bluna.

Es war einmal...

2004er 192PS Revo, tornadorot, Kennzeichen tiefer, rot lackierte Bremssättel, Spurverbreiterungen 40/50, H&R Tieferlegung 45/45, Spark Sport Line Variante 2 Endrohre 90mm, LAAs in Powder Black

Seit 5.1.2010 wieder unter die Sternenkrieger gegangen (AMG E63T mit Drivers Package)