Oel

• hi
    was für ein oel ist eigentlich auf dem Motor wenn der wagen neu ist und wann macht ihr den ersten wegsel ??
    was für ein oel macht ihr dann drauf ?? weiss einer was Mazda für Oele freigegeben hat ??
    vieleicht lassen sich durch ein gutes oel auch ein paar tropfen kraftstoff sparen.

• Hallo Nutella.
    Laut Auskunft meines Händlers sollte ganz normales Öl 5W30 genommen werden. Syntetisches Öl soll nicht so gut verbrennen, deshalb wird davon abgeraten.
    Es gibt da auch eine Stellungname von Madzda im Internationalem Forum:

Hello Glen,

Thank you for contacting Mazda North American Operations. I appreciate the opportunity to respond to you.

In regards to your inquiry, Mazda does not suggest synthetic oil use for the RX-8. The reason for this is that the Rotary engines must burn oil in the combustion chambers. Because synthetic oil burns at a high temperature it may not fully burn in the combustion chambers causing seals to stick.
    :))
    Und hier ein Erfahrungsbericht:
    Strangely enough I had a conversation with a Honda race engineer about this over a year ago. I asked him the same question but obviously it wasn't in regards to the Renesis engine. I suspect the answer is the same though. He stated that 5W20 oil is lighter and thinner and this puts less oil drag on the engine internally. Oils have come a long way in the past decade in their formulations. They are much more stable then they used to be even in the synthetics. An oil with less internal drag will give better power and better fuel economy. I asked him if there was any concern about such a thin oil allowing bearing surfaces to touch. He went back to the better formulations of todays oils. Basically almost any oil out there is better today than it was even 10 years ago. Regardless of the oils weight it isn't going to break down as easily like some of the older oils would. Everyone used to run a thicker oil since the oil would breakdown some and lose some of its lubrication ability quicker. The key then was bablancing this with an oil thin enough to be used when it was cold. Todays lightweight oils flow and lubricate at high and low temperatures very well. It is still very important to maintain oil changes every 3000 miles. Honda actually recommends every 4500 but better to be safe than sorry. The oil will still eventually break down but it is much more durable than it used to be.

As a test in my Honda Civic (slow daily driver) which does use 5W20, I changed for one period to 10W30. The car felt slower (if that is possible!) and the gas mileage went down. The next oil change I went back to the regular stuff and everything is fine again.

Honda uses the thinnest oil they can in all of teir race cars as well. There must be some truth to it. The guy I spoke with was quite intelligent and I don't think he made all of it up. Unfortunately I am only giving a very basic explanation of what he told me. I hope it makes some sense.

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Tolle ()

• Lt. Bedienungsanleitung und Nachfrage bei meinem Mazda-Händler ist für die europäische Version entweder 5W30 oder alternativ 10W30 zu verwenden. Dabei sollte man darauf achten, daß es sich um mineralisches Öl handelt, da syntetisches Öl nicht so rückstandsfrei verbrennt.
    Bei der Suche im Zubehörhandel und in Tankstellen ist das beste, was man derzeit bekommt 10W30.
    Ich habe mir das Original-Mazda-Öl in 5W30 gekauft. (Nachdem alle anderen Versuche erfolglos waren) Preis: 12,78 EUR incl. MwSt. je Liter.

@Tolle:
    Bei der Aussage deines Mazda-Händlers würde ich eher vorsichtig sein! Das von ihm empfohlene Öl hat im oberen Temperaturbereich eine schlechtere Viskosität als das von Mazda angegebene (20<30).
    Dies könnte unter Umständen bei Defekten am Motor dazu führen, daß dein Garantieanspruch erlischt!!!!!!

Gruß
    Gerald